Gravel Grinder October 2, 2016
Berkshire Cycling Association
Fall Foliage Gravel Grinder
- Registration closes Tuesday, September 27, 2016 @ 8:00 AM.
- NO DAY OF RIDE REGISTRATION DUE TO NEEDING TO ORDER FOOD
Join us for the third annual Berkshire Cycling Association Fall Foliage Gravel Grinder! This year's ride will be mostly like the first year, with the worst downhill replaced by a friendlier alternative. Schermerhorn Road is back, now that the state has rebuilt the bottom - now you don't need to worry about traction, only the grade! It's a challenging 54 mile bicycle ride through central and southern Berkshire County in Western Massachusetts on remote dirt roads during peak fall foliage season!
Maps for this year's course will be posted shortly.
This ride will be a major fundraiser for the Pittsfield High School Cross Country Running Teams. All of the profit goes to the teams. Members from the boys and girls teams will be manning the aid stations for you. They did an AMAZING job for us the last two years!
2014's Ride Video
Starts and finishes at Canterbury Farm Nordic Center and Bed & Breakfast in Becket Massachusetts.
- Date: Sunday October 2, 2016
- Where: Canterbury Farm, 1986 Fred Snow Rd, Becket, MA 01223, (413) 623- 0100
- Register Now: https://www.
- Limited to 200 Riders
- Online Registration Deadline: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 8 AM.
- Cost: $50
- Start Time: Between 9AM and 10AM
- Aid Stations: Will be open as noted below. In test rides, we are finding we have people riding anywhere from 8 mph to 12 mph. Anyone planning to ride faster than 15 mph should start closer to 10AM. Anyone anticipating averaging less than 8mph needs to start by 9AM (or earlier).
- Aid Stations will be manned by the Pittsfield High School Cross Country Teams!
- Limited On Course Mechanical Support provided by Berkshire Bike & Board of Pittsfield/Great Barrington and Ordinary Cycles of Pittsfield, however, in the spirit of Randonnee riding, please try to be self- sufficient. Carry a multi-tool, spare tube, patch kit.
- Marked Course
- Sag Wagon
- Free Specialized Water Bottle to all participants.
- Post-Ride Party on the quintessential New England grounds of Canterbury Farms. Enjoy a relaxing post race meal consisting of:
- a drink (soda, lemonade, ice tea, apple cider, coffee, hot chocolate, water)
- a salad: potato salad or rice pilaf
- a hot main dish (Squash soup or Chili)
- a dessert (brownie, cookie or apple).
- a grill item:
- burgers (veggie or hamburger) or
- Kurt's famous sauerkraut & brats
- Beer: Wandering Star Craft Brewery will be graciously providing one free beer per each participant of legal age. Additional beer may be purchased.
Book Your Own Event
Please call for more information about school outings, business retreats, family reunions, Scouts, women's wellness weekends, men's escapes: you name it, and we can provide a beautiful and recreational gathering place for small groups all year.